An open house in Sandy Springs has its advantages and disadvantages. There’s a lot of prep work involved and if done right, you will have short listed some serious buyers who are genuinely interested in buying the house. To avoid the stress, we have come up with a plan that will help you prepare for an open house in just four weeks. By the time the week comes to an end, you will be hosting a welcoming open house that will have people praising you for your skills.
4 Weeks before…
- If you have a full family with kids, drop them at your parents or neighbor’s.
- Book a contractor for a week to get all the repairs done such as leaky faucets, holes in walls, sagging gutters, etc.
- De-clutter your house and make sure that every room and closet is empty, since buyers like to open things and check out the space.
- Book an appointment with the carpet cleaner for the last week.
3 Weeks before…
- Clean the bathroom and buy some white towels to give the bathroom a spa-like look.
- Place a mat at the front door and in front of the bathroom door.
- Buy a shoe box and place it inside the front door, so that people will take off their shoe after entering the house without being asked to do so.
Two Weeks before…
- Clean everything from walls to tile floors, light fixtures and switches, ceiling fans and door knobs.
- Power-wash the deck, sidewalk and the driveway.
1 Week before…
- Make sure that electronic appliances such as the air conditioning unit and furnace are clean of dirt and grease. Buyer will definitely like to check the model and turn them on to see how they are working.
- De-clutter kitchen cabinets and clean all appliances that will be included in the sale.
5 Days before…
- Buy cookie dough and disposable sheets, so that you don’t have to do any cleaning after baking.
- Buy a dozen apples and oranges to place in a bowl on the kitchen counter.
- Clean windows to let the light shine in.
- Mow the lawn.
1 Day before…
- Put fresh firewood in the fireplace.
- Hide yard clutter such as pet water bowls, toys and hoses.
On Open House Day…
- Gather all your valuables and store them in your car’s trunk.
- Place the barbeque grill in the backyard and set the picnic table to show people how they can entertain themselves on the weekends.
- Make sure there are no spider webs on the walls or equipments.
- Clean fingerprints off glass doors and windows.
- Use post-it notes to highlight unique features of the house.
- Remove all personal items from the bathroom.
- Remove all appliances from the kitchen’s countertop.
An Hour before…
- Bake cookies and place it on the counter top with a note saying “Help Yourself”.
- Put apples and oranges in a bowl and put it on the countertop.
15 Minutes before…
- Open all curtains, so that the house has natural lighting.
- Light the fireplace.
- Brew a fresh pot of coffee.
- Spray the living room with an air freshener.
When people start arriving for the open house, make sure that you are standing outside. Potential buyers won’t be able to look at the house freely if you are hovering in the background.
So, there you go – a timeline that will help you attract more buyers. Homes for sales in Atlanta were down by 20% this September. To make sure that your house falls in the right category that buyers are looking for, find out its current value by visiting America’s Network Reality.
Homes for sale in Atlanta
Atlanta Real Estate
List of homes in the Atlanta area. Are you relocating to Atlanta and in need of a home in Atlanta?, welcome to kstrealty, we not only have homes for sale in Atlanta, but we can help you find Condos. Townhomes , land and any other type of property you are looking for.
Here is the Top Real Estate Markets in Georgia
Atlanta Homes for Sale | Alpharetta Homes for Sale | Marietta Homes for Sale | Sandy Springs Homes for Sale | Decatur Homes for Sale | Roswell Homes for Sale | Lawrenceville Homes for Sale | Kennesaw homes for sale
Real Estate for sale Nearby
Buying or selling we are here to help you.
Whether you are looking to buy your first home, or you are moving up to your dream home, our real estate agents in Atlanta can find that you the one you are looking for. Kstrealty has the most homes for sale in Atlanta and our information is updated every 15 minutes. If a listing is showing in our website it is because is available.
To get up to date list of homes in your phone or email, register and our systems will notify you as soon as a new home listing is available in our website, our system will also notify if the price the property you are interested is reduced.
Are you looking for an agent to help you sell your home, all of our real estate agents are seasoned real estate professionals, we can help you list your home for sale in any area around Atlanta? Our agents can help you sell your home and also buy your new home, our agents are prepared to meet all your real estate needs, contact us today so we can setup an appointment in your house.
Home Building Services in Atlanta
Need to build a home in Atlanta?, our real estate company can help you find the ideal residential lot to build your dream home and our sister company Traditional Homes of Georgia LLC will help you build your dream home anywhere in Atlanta. Contact us for all your home building needs and other constructions jobs in Atlanta.