The Advantages of Luxury Vinyl Tile
Beautiful vinyl tile that looks and feels like stone. Photo Taken By: TownePost Network
When it comes to designing a new home, your choice of flooring is one of the most important choices you can make. It doesn’t take much to see that the floors in your house see a lot of wear and tear. Due to the amount of abuse, it’s certainly worth taking a moment to consider what type of flooring to install. The important factors to consider are the amount of traffic, the ease of care and clean up, material costs as well as installation costs. Because of this, not only are many people switching over to vinyl, but luxury vinyl tile (LVT) which offers more options than ever when it comes to flooring. Here are some of the reasons you might want to consider installing luxury vinyl tile in your home.
- Easy To Clean– Unlike carpets, which are subject to staining, vinyl is easy to clean. A broom and a damp mop can leave vinyl shiny and clean, just like when it was first put in. A swiffer can make this process even quicker.
- Easier to Maintain– Carpets require shampooing from time to time, and natural hardwood floors need to be conditioned and coated to keep the wood from drying out and rotting. Vinyl tile requires little more than cleaning.
- Water Resistant– Vinyl is virtually waterproof, which means there is little concern from leaks and spills. Hardwoods floors are prone to staining from water if they aren’t treated often and properly and carpet padding can become saturated which makes it susceptible to mold and mildew growth.
- Scratches and Dents are No Problem– While this isn’t so much an issue with carpeting, scratches can really ruin the appeal of a hardwood floor, this isn’t an issue with LVT as it has a protective top layer that not only makes it scratch resistant but scuff and dent resistant as well.
- Complies with Green Building Requirements– For those that are more environmentally conscious, luxury vinyl tile is acceptable for Green building standards and even earn LEED points for commercial use.
- Added Safety Around Your Home– LVT is one of the few commercially available flooring materials that meets flammability codes, slip resistance requirements and a myriad of other commercial restrictions. This can help make your home safer, especially in the kitchen where spills are more likely.
- The Beauty of Stone or Wood Without the Hassle– One of the biggest selling points for LVT is it’s photo realistic qualities. Due to modern printing techniques, LVT can be made to look almost identical to hardwood and even stone flooring, allowing for even more possibilities when it comes to designing your home. However, because it’s vinyl instead of an actual slate tile or hardwood paneling, installation is often faster and less expensive.
Not only does luxury vinyl tile offer a slew of benefits when it comes to cleaning and upkeep, but comes in many different styles and designs. There’s something to be said for enjoying the beauty of hardwood floors without the upkeep, or the look of slate tiles, without the chill during the winter time. LVT offers a great deal more flexibility when it comes to designing your home in terms of aesthetics and beauty than any almost any other flooring material out there.
Search Homes for Sale in Atlanta
Small Business Owner, specializes in marketing homes for sale in the Atlanta Area by using the most up to date Internet Marketing Tools.
Real Estate Broker serving the Atlanta Metro Area, for over 12 years. If you are planning to buy or sell your home in Atlanta, call Telmo Bermeo at
Atlanta Real Estate Information
Here is the Top Real Estate Markets in Georgia
Atlanta Homes for Sale | Alpharetta Homes for Sale | Marietta Homes for Sale | Sandy Springs Homes for Sale | Decatur Homes for Sale | Roswell Homes for Sale | Lawrenceville Homes for Sale | Kennesaw homes for sale