How to Get a Real Estate License in Atlanta Georgia
Becoming a Real Estate Agent is a tempting idea. You do work with your own schedule, making it ideal for people who have small children or have to care for their loved ones, working as a real estate agent allows you to take your vacation on your own time and for as long as you want. You have the complete control of the size of your business, you can keep it small or you can grow as large as you desire and the more important benefit is, it is impossible to hate your boss because you are the boss. The work in Real Estate is similar to that of a big company with the only difference that if you are a responsible, honest worker and likes to work hard, all the financial rewards will stay with you.
Before you jump on the Internet and start advertising your services as a real estate agents, remember there are important steps and procedures to follow before you can start selling homes in Atlanta. Here are the steps you must do before you start working as a real estate agent.
Step 1 General Requirements
If you have decided on a career in real estate in the state of Georgia, these are the requirements to qualify and get a real estate license.
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a resident of the state of Georgia
- Pass the state exam
- Have completed high school or have an equivalent certificate
- Get your criminal background report from GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation)
- Complete 75 hours of classes from an approved school
Step 2 Education
To become a real estate agent in the state of Georgia, you must complete 75 hours of classes from an approved school, without missing any classses. Classes can be taken in different ways, you can take them on your computer or you can attend a school of real estate that is approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
To complete and be eligible to take the state exam; these are the requirements:
- Have completed all hours of pre-license course.
- The average of your home work during the course of pre-license should be 75% or more (This is only for students in pre-license)
- Pass the school exam with a minimum average of 75%.
Step 3 State Examination
To take the state exam and become licensed real estate in Georgia, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed the course of 75 hours of pre-licensing
- Apply for the test at AMP (Testing centers in Georgia) to take the state test you needed to take the final results of you exams taken during 75 hours in school or computer. This information should be taken with you on test day.
- Effective January 1, 2012, the Georgia “Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011” requires all applicants for real estate licensure or appraiser classification to submit to the Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC): (1) a “secure and verifiable document” for identification purposes as defined in O.C.G.A. §50-36-2 and (2) a “signed and sworn affidavit verifying the applicant’s lawful presence in the United States” as required in O.C.G.A. §50-36-1. The forms may be accessible through the Georgia Real Estate Commission website at the following link: www.grec.state.ga.us/forms/reforms.html
Step 4 Get the License
Once you have complied with all those requirements, including passing the state exam, you will be eligible to receive your license as a real estate agent in Georgia. Real estate licenses are only issued by the Georgia Real Estate Commission, to receive the license, you must complete the following requirements:
- Submit a report of criminal record, no problem. (Note that the report of criminal records has to be obtained in the last 60 days)
- Submit a “Sponsoring Broker” form.
- You pay $ 171.00 for state license
These are all the requirements to obtain and work in Real Estate in Atlanta. If you are in the process of obtaining your license and need a sponsor Broker , please call us, we will be very happy to assist you. You can call me at 770-309-6417 and ask for Telmo
For more home buying information tips and advice subscribe to our newsletter
Search Homes for Sale in Atlanta
Small Business Owner, specializes in marketing homes for sale in the Atlanta Area by using the most up to date Internet Marketing Tools.
Real Estate Broker serving the Atlanta Metro Area, for over 12 years. If you are planning to buy or sell your home in Atlanta, call Telmo Bermeo at
Atlanta Real Estate
Here is the Top Real Estate Markets in Georgia
Atlanta Homes for Sale | Alpharetta Homes for Sale | Marietta Homes for Sale | Sandy Springs Homes for Sale | Decatur Homes for Sale | Roswell Homes for Sale | Lawrenceville Homes for Sale | Kennesaw homes for sale